Tinder is the most popular dating app of the world. The app was released in 2012. This app works according to GPS location. Users have to create an account using Facebook. Then it suggests users nearby. Users have to swipe left to ignore and swipe right to like. If the other user also liked then it’s a match. Then matched users can chat and arrange a date on Tinder.
- Tinder has huge user base. More than 50 million monthly users and 26 million matches per day.
2. People you don’t like can’t chat with you.
3. Tinder is free. But there is a premium version if you wish to spend some money.
- Uses only Facebook integration which is bad for privacy.
2. May encounter creepy and fake people often.
Badoo is a very popular dating app. It also has a full featured website for PC users. Badoo has a wide range of features. You can search nearby people and like them to get matched. Matching score is counted according to mutual interests, number of photos and impressions. There is option to chat with matched users. Moreover, you can see who viewed your profile or who liked you. This is a freemium app. Means you have to pay to unlock some features like most viewed, unlock superpowers, chat more people in a day, message unmatched users and more.
- Lots of active users.
2. Photo, Social Accounts, Phone Number verification.
3. Lots of attractive features so that you won’t get bored.
- May encounter fake and creepy users a lot.
2. You have to unlock so many features to use it comfortably.
Happn is different from other dating apps. If you crossed path with a stranger while walking on the streets, they will appear on your homepage. You can secretly like them or send a charm to let them know you are interested. Charm will cost 1 credit. And if the both users like each other only then they can chat.
- Less fake and creepy people.
2. Strangers will feel special that they have crossed the same path.
3. The user interface is cool.
- Needs to login with Facebook which requires private information of your Facebook account.
2. Not fully free. Need to buy credit to use all the features.
3. Not much popular around the world.
If you are looking for serious relationship rather than one night stand or “Netflix and Chill” then Match.com is for you. Match.com is the leading match making website. Now it has an android app which lets users to match with like minded people. The app is free to download but there will be a cost for all the services.
Coffee Meets Bagel
Are you tired of swiping to find your soulmate? Are you annoyed by the messages from strangers? Then Coffee Meets Bagel is for you. You will get one match per day. You can like or ignore the match. But you have to wait till the next day to get another match. The match will made according to some questions asked at the beginning of the app and Facebook account information. The app is free to use.
OkCupid is another well-known dating website. Users can browse and connect with nearby matches, view photos and like them by swiping. There is options to send messages for free. But there are some premium features which costs money.
Score is more like a game than just another normal dating app. You will asked some interesting quick qustions like “What’s the sky means to you?” or “Which of these make you more happy?” to know your emotional preferences. Then this app will calculate and find matches with others. It is a great app to find a perfect partner.
Grindr is the Tinder for homosexual guys. Gay people find partner here. There is option to chat, block and see private photos. It is a location based app that allows users to find local Gay people.
TwinDog is like Tinder but with a hint of dogs. Doglovers meet through this app. You can share your dog pictures and also your pictures. Find a right friend for your dog and have a date with the dog owner. Weird? Maybe not for the doglovers.
DragonFruit is a dating app for geeks. Date geek people here for free. Users have to select some geeky topics they are interested in first. But the rating of the app is really poor. There are too many bugs.