Xioami has announced a new upcoming smartphone of Redmi series this July. Redmi Pro is coming the next month. It is a high-end phone with comparatively lower price. Camera and display are mainly focused to improve in this handset. The chinese tech giant is winning the smartphone industry pretty quickly. Let’s take a look at the specifications of Xioami Redmi Pro.
- Display:5 inches OLED Display, 1080X1920 pixels, 401 ppi, 16M colors
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow, MIUI 8.0
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6797T Helio X25 – High & Exclusive editions
Mediatek MT6797 Helio X20 – Standard edition
- Processor: Deca-core 2.5 GHz – Exclusive edition
Deca-core 2.3 GHz – High edition
Deca-core 2.1 GHz – Standard edition
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4
- Dual SIM (Nano/Micro), Dual Standby, SIM2 uses memory card slot
- MicroSD upto 256GB
- Internal: 128 GB, 4 GB RAM – Exclusive edition
32/64 GB, 3 GB RAM – other editions
- Primary Camera: Dual 13 MP + 5MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
Secondary Camera: 5 MP, f/2.0, 1080p
- Video: 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4050 mAh battery
- Available Colors: Silver, Gold, Gray
- Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Infrared, USB type C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dimensions:5 x 76.2 x 8.2 mm (5.96 x 3.00 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 174 g (6.14 oz)
Redmi Pro has dual primary camera which you do not see a lot. Motorola, HTC and few other phones have dual camera and they were really good. It has Dual camera on the back- one is 13MP and another is 5MP. The two lenses are also different. One is Sony lens and the other is Samsung. The phone combines photos from the two cameras and then process it. Users can take Bokeh pictures! Bokeh are those pictures shooted with DSLRs where you see the background lights are blurred out. The quality of the photos are of DSLR photos. The cameras have aperture control, face detection, dual LED flash and lots of features for the photographers.
The display of Redmi Pro is 1080X1920 pixels. Pixel per density is 401 which is pretty high. But the fallback is that Redmi Pro is using Mediatek’s Helio processor instead of Snapdragon processors. Maybe that is why the price is comparatively lower than other high end smartphones.
Redmi Pro will be available in three different editions- Exclusive, High and Standard. Exclusive edition contains Mediatek MT6797T Helio X25 chipset, Deca-core 2.5 GHz Processor, Internal 128 GB memory and 4 GB RAM. High edition has Mediatek MT6797T Helio X25 chipset, Deca-core 2.3 GHz Processor, Internal 32/64 GB memory and 3 GB RAM. Standard edition comes with Mediatek MT6797T Helio X25 chipset, Deca-core 2.1 GHz, Internal 32/64 GB memory and 3 GB RAM. The prices will be different for each edition.
Xioami Redmi Pro will be available in the Chinese market from August 2016. The price of the phones are incredibly low. The price ranges from $225 to $300 depending on the edition. The standard edition may cost $225 and the exclusive edition may cost $300. After the launching in China market, Xiaomi will be expecting to launch this handset in Hong Kong, India and Singapore soon.